Climate change is bringing the issues of saving energy and of renewable energies to the forefront. For the current second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol (2012 - 2020), the European Union has committed itself to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 20% by 2020 compared to the level of 1990. The German government supports national and European climate change targets and those set by the Paris Agreement for 2020, 2030 and 2050 for all sectors. This means that Germany is committed to keeping a global temperature rise well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels and if possible to limit a temperature increase even further to 1.5 degrees Celsius. Germany is striving to become largely greenhouse gas neutral by the middle of the century.
Achieving ambitious targets.
In order to meet such climate targets, companies, municipalities and private households must intensify their activities to reduce their use of non-renewable energies - for example, by exploiting the efficiency potential of public buildings, of housing construction, and of production facilities or by smart metering, i.e. intelligent monitoring as well as measuring and controlling energy consumption.
Success with proven expertise!
RSM has a team of specialists with many years of experience in the energy sector. We provide a symbiosis of business, tax, legal and technical know-how - for the benefit of our clients, including wind and solar energy companies, biomass energy companies, hydroelectric power, geothermal energy or thermal power stations and municipal energy suppliers that increasingly rely on renewable energy. With our interdisciplinary consulting approach, we guide you as a company, project operator and initiator along the entire value chain in this complex business segment.
- Economic efficiency calculations
- Consulting on acquiring or selling companies operating in the renewable energy sector,
- Consulting on buying or selling wind power and/or solar plants
- Tax consulting
- Annual financial statement audits and assurance reviews in accordance with the German Combined Heat and Power Generation Act, with the Renewable Energy Sources Act and with the Energy Industry Act
- Separate and consolidated financial statement audits of power supply companies
- Assurance review of the activity reports required by § 6b of the German Energy Industry Act
- Preparation of tax returns and tax registrations for power supply companies
- Support for franchise tender procedures
- Consulting on acquiring and selling companies operating in the renewable energy sector
- Advising on concluding franchise agreements
- Checking franchise fee calculations
- Advising on contracting models (heat, cooling, light e-mobility)
- Preparing profitability calculations renewable energy plants (solar, biogas, wind power)
- Assurance reviews in accordance with the German Combined Heat and Power Generation Act, with the Renewable Energy Sources Act and with the Energy Industry Act
- Consulting on acquiring or selling wind turbines and/or solar power plants
- Consulting on acquiring or selling utility or waste disposal companies
- Preparing profitability calculations and company valuations for utility companies
- Advising on restructuring utility companies
- Comprehensive consulting on all tax issues related to utility companies
- Advising on local heating concepts and usage of thermal power stations
- Preparing expert opinions concerning network charges, network charge calculations and network valuations
- Annual financial statement audits and assurance reviews in accordance with the Combined Heat and Power Generation Act, with the Renewable Energy Sources Act and with the Energy Industry Act